Workshop: Idea Generation and Executive Summary Competition Prep
In Brief:Learn how to explore a business idea, estimate its validity, and communicate it to others.
3/13 | 5:00 pm | SOM 210
- Competition Description - (15 minutes) Learn how you can win $5,000 in the UMass Amherst Grinspoon Executive Summary Competition.
- Crash Course - Learn how to organize and write a strong executive summary [download the presentation slides]. Followed by Q&A.
- Explore an Idea - Put to practice what you just learned by brainstorming with fellow students to find and explore a business idea.
- Learn by doing - You'll get a chance to put a rough, bullet-point draft together right at the event and get constructive feedback on-the-spot.
Looking for the competition's rules and application form?
About our Guest Speaker:
- Paul G. Silva - In 2000, Paul co-founded software start-up All inPlay. Since then, he raised $250k from angels, pitched to venture capitalists, and launched products that have dramatically improved the quality of life for blind and visually impaired people around the globe. He also runs the River Valley Investors angel investor group in Springfield, helping investors find young companies seeking funding.